Eric Skalinder is a National Board Certified Teacher (NBCT) and has been a public school educator since 2004. He currently teaches for the Chicago Public Schools (CPS) at Kelly High School serving the Brighton Park community and surrounding southwest side neighborhoods.
Mr. Skalinder guides teaching and learning through a well-rounded, holistic, student centered model grounded in independent musicianship, multicultural literacy, progressive skills development, critical thinking, and standards based achievement.
He engages students with a dynamic personality, relentless enthusiasm and a diverse and deep expertise:
- large, small group, and solo vocal performance
- classical, musical theater, and popular music vocal styles
- professional quality digital audio tools, editing and mixing
- contemporary a cappella performance and microphone & recording techniques
- custom vocal arrangements and compositions
- digital and electronic music and composition
- music theory, all levels from basic to advanced
- non-performance classes steeped in critical thinking and musical and cultural identity and awareness